Firmware 1.8.0 is out. Download here!
- SuperFX support by RedGuy! This is the duck’s guts. What an accomplishment. Big thanks to RedGuy!
- EXPERIMENTAL brightness patching for S-CPUN based consoles (1CHIP/Jr). The patching is comprised of two parts:
- 1CHIP transient fix – tries to alleviate some graphical issues with 1CHIP consoles where it reacts unfavorably to sudden changes to the brightness register. This fixes the shadow in Air Strike Patrol, warped scanlines in Rudra’s Treasure, and faded scanlines at the top of the screen on certain Capcom games when the console is equipped with a de-ghosting fix involving the replacement of the C11 capacitor.
- Brightness limit – can be used to limit brightness on consoles where the stock RGB levels are too high.
NOTE: There are known problems with games that use DMA to set the brightness register. Notably Star Fox and some MSU1 video players. You should disable it if you intend to play those. For now I’m releasing it as is because I still think it can be useful (and I’ll be gone for two weeks and didn’t want to delay this release any further :-D)
- Added ExLoROM support (LoROM > 32Mbits)
- The In-game hook is now disabled by default.
- Touched up the menu a bit – dependent settings are printed in grey if the higher-level setting is disabled
- Changed the version numbering by eliminating the eternal leading zero. The last digit can now be used for small revisions or fixes.
Some minor fixes are still outstanding which I will address in a couple of weeks after I have returned from vacation.