Browsed by
Month: May 2013

Tiny status update

Tiny status update

So I’ve been getting a lot of questions pertaining to current progress, understandably. ;)
SuperFX is still crawling along, I’ve gotten a basic CPU core control unit and partial instruction decoder to work which can run test code in simulation fine, albeit limited. But it doesn’t deal with the different memory delays, stalling and parallelism yet; also the SNES interface, plot logic and other supplementary stuff are still missing.
The SuperFX uses pipelining which is a thing I haven’t fully understood yet, so that’s going to take some brain work and likely multiple complete rewrites of the CPU core. I’d rather not give an estimated time of completion for that at the moment… ;) Implementing pipelining properly is important because game code is laid out to take advantage of it and will not run correctly otherwise.

Besides the SuperFX, kogami has discovered a BS memory mapping bug, a regression that snuck into firmware 0.1.5 where I rewrote the BS memory mapping based on my own RE efforts. Also some graphical corruption has been found when using the “Run previous game” feature (Start button). I expect to make a bug fix / minor release addressing these issues (possibly others) in a couple of weeks.

This site uses cookies.
You need to accept cookies to use the comment feature and view embedded media.
See Privacy Policy for further details: more information

Some content on this site is hosted on an external site (YouTube).

This site uses a cookie for comment spam protection, and WordPress uses cookies to store some information.

If you want to use either of these features you need to opt-in to the use of cookies by clicking "Accept" in the cookie notification bar.

See Privacy Policy for further details.

Close