WIP for v1.8:
- Cheat Menu
- possibly ROM folder loading
planned for v1.9:
- Skin support
- USB support (dev feature to quickly send ROMs for testing)
outlook for v1.10 / v2.0:
- Try and implement experimental save state feature (may or may not work out)
- Begin work on either SuperFX or SA1
Each supported enhancement chip can be used in conjunction with MSU1.
- BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
- DSP1 / 1b
- GSU-1/2 (SuperFX)
- Action Replay/Game Genie code support
- SPC7110 – with the Far East of Eden Zero translation patch in the works it would be a shame not to support it. :)
- ??? (you name it)
To be determined:
- requires 54kB of Block RAM; the FPGA only provides 36kB of Block RAM.
- ARMv3 core with 128kB of embedded program ROM, 32kB data ROM, and 16kB RAM. Out of reach for the FPGA.
Sorry, my playing is really crappy, I was playing one-handed since I had to hold the camera. ;)
Here the MSU1 data extension is used to stream uncompressed video data to VRAM+CGRAM. Simultaneously the MSU1 audio extension is used to play back the audio stream.
The Cx4 core runs at 20MHz as of v0.1.7c.