Firmware v0.1.7c released
Firmware 0.1.7c is out. Get it here!
- major overhaul of the in-game hook code, with more help from the FPGA, to significantly reduce CPU footprint. This improves hook compatibility with a variety of games.
- in-game hook: avoid disruption of manual controller reads (fixes controls in Super Star Wars games)
- new option: “Hide file extensions” (effective after next directory change)
- do not silently fail to load saved games when the sd2snes/saves folder does not exist (create the folder instead)
- do not silently fail to load/save cheat files when the sd2snes/cheats folder does not exist (create the folder instead)
- Cx4 core now runs at exactly 20MHz
- MSU1: avoid missed control register status changes on rapid rewrites (fixes FF3 Dancing Mad, Zelda FMV missing audio)
- fix auto region patch timing (hopefully)
- fix DSP1 header detection (fixes Ballz 3D JPN)
- add reset hook to boot games on start of frame only (fixes Boogerman PAL)
- clear entire SPC700 RAM (do not spare IPL area) – fixes echo artifacts in many games
- minor cosmetic changes:
- resize SPC player loading window
- prevent flickering letters on System Information screen
The in-game hook compatibility chart will be updated shortly.